Thursday, October 14, 2010

My-ku


Time for a challange: connect with nature, and each other through poetry. I am asking you to join me in some fun.. Here's a chance each day to wake up your brain!


When I first started going "on-line" I would go to poetry sites, one in particular, and everyday I would enter different contests. There was "poetry in motion", a hundred or so fridge magnet-type words are given to and you can only use 20 words to create a poem. The once a month contest where you submit your work, you are limited to a number of lines, 14 I think(like a Sonnet!) . whenever you submit it you get something in the mail, saying , "You have one second place in the bla bla bla world poetry contest" then they tell you your work will be published in a book you can purchase...lol...you know the kind.


However, my favorite contest, by far, was the Haiku contest. Here you were given an inspiration photo and wrote a traditional Haiku, submit it and a winner was chosen at a random time. If you won, you got a mouse pad with your Haiku on it. And then of course they would try to sell you ANYTHING you want(mugs, magnets...) with YOUR Poem on it.


I never won the Haiku contest...and that's ok. Because the best part was reading all the other peoples poems. what did that photo inspire them to write.


Well I've decided to do my own Daily Inspirational Haiku Challenge, notJustify Full a contest, but a place to share. I want to create a place for peace and poetry. Join me...


I'll post photos here and on my FB Page. I will be creating a FB group, as well as a weekly writers group here in Fremont, The Center Of the Universe. For more info, feel free to contact me thru email or fb.





Please feel free to share your poems here, be they Haiku or your-ku...just be inspired and share...





Here's My first one:





my tears fall on gold
with each petal I unfold
sharing perfection





peace and love


No comments:

Post a Comment