Monday, October 11, 2010

I've been everywhere, man




Today I begin again, a new dawn, a new day...re-vamp-take...ummm..let's say 2 and ...go:

I have put together MY one woman show. Today it actually became a play. It has taken form, beyond just the shape of a show. I have been working on this "piece" for sooooooo many years.

The beautiful man in the pix is my friend Charles Smith, we went to Rhode Island College together. He lives in Seattle, too. We reconnected at a Christian Rizzo event last week:amazing. Our meeting reinforced my love of the arts;
And my desire to stay connected with my past and look happily towards my future.

Jason says it is the show he sees me take all the way to Broadway.(I've been off-off, but I'd really have always seen myself ON) It is my time to shine. It is time for me. After being in wonderful Seattle for nearly a year--I am ready to shine. Having successfully MC'd Eddie Watkins Jr's "Motown and Miracles", last Friday night: I am confident my show will be a hit!

The work has been a process of taking my improv, Shakespeare, cabaret, monologues, original songs, Broadway songs, spoof songs, 7-min wiz of oz, midsummer in a min, spiritual poems, and stories of my very big life and putting them all together.

It finally came together with the finding of the perfect "Theatrical device": A Cafe. Yes a Restaurant. A Pub, a place of food and spirits. After 30 yrs of being a performer I know a thing or 2 about working in a Pub!

So here I go, I have set myself to task. The stage has been set. for me.for you.

and so it is.



be kind to all...peace

No comments:

Post a Comment